A LISC Financial Opportunity Center
In February of 2013, the NRC established a Local Initiatives Support Corporation Financial Opportunity Center (LISC FOC) on site. The program is called NRC Works and offers career and personal financial services to help individuals build income and well-being. Services include one-on-one career and financial coaching, employer events, facilitating access to public benefits, and workshops. Services are open to the public and provided at no cost.
NRC Works Offers:
- EMPLOYMENT COACHING – building resumes, submitting job applications, GED tutoring, or computer training
- FINANCIAL COACHING – referrals to financial service providers, budgeting, saving, or planning for financial stability
- BENEFITS COACHING – connections to local, state, or federal benefits to supplement income
- CHEW & CHAT EVENTS (WORKSHOPS) – group meetings for information and resources on benefits, employment, and personal finances
- EMPLOYER EVENTS – employers who are hiring will be here to interview
- CELEBRATION EVENTS – celebrating individuals who achieve their career and financial goals!
- FREE TAX PREPARATION – services available once a week during tax season, Feb 1 – April 8 (call center or check website during tax season for more info)
- OFFICE SERVICES – phone, fax, copy, scan (for 10 cent per page suggestion donation); notary services 11am – 1pm for $5 suggested donation
- GED CLASSES – through Richmond Public Schools Adult & Continuing Education: (804) 780-8311
RSVP to Information Sessions or other Events at NRCWorks.eventbrite.com