NRC Works offers career and personal financial services to help individuals build income and well-being. Services include one-on-one career and financial coaching, employer events, facilitating access to public benefits, and workshops. Services are open to the public and provided at no cost.
NRC Works Offers:
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING [Available remotely only]
- EMPLOYMENT COACHING – building resumes, submitting job applications, GED tutoring, or computer training
- FINANCIAL COACHING – referrals to financial service providers, budgeting, saving, or planning for financial stability
- BENEFITS COACHING – connections to local, state, or federal benefits to supplement income
EVENTS [Suspended due to COVID-19]
- CHEW & CHAT EVENTS (WORKSHOPS) – group meetings for information and resources on benefits, employment, and personal finances
- EMPLOYER EVENTS – employers who are hiring will be here to interview
- CELEBRATION EVENTS – celebrating individuals who achieve their career and financial goals!
- FREE TAX PREPARATION – services available once a week during tax season, Feb 1 – April 8 (call center or check website during tax season for more info)
- DROP-OFF OFFICE SERVICES – phone, fax, copy, scan (for 10 cent per page suggestion donation); notary services 11am – 1pm for $5 suggested donation
A LISC Financial Opportunity Center
In February of 2013, the NRC established a Local Initiatives Support Corporation Financial Opportunity Center (LISC FOC) on site. This program is supported by LISC and has received numerous accolades and grants to continue its important work of advancing the stability, entrepreneurship, and financial well-being of Greater Fulton residents.