Jun 12, 2019,
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LOCATION: Richmond, Virginia
OVERVIEW: Neighborhood Resource Center (NRC) seeks an experienced nonprofit executive to succeed its highly capable, longtime leader. NRC serves the needs of the Fulton community in Richmond’s East End and equips them for success in school and life. Over the past 14 years, NRC has served over 6,000 incredible young people and residents of our community. NRC’s mission is to strengthen families as we build relationships, share resources and develop skills to enhance lives in Greater Fulton. Our vision for this community is a thriving, inclusive Greater Fulton.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have served in senior management positions in organizations, preferably in community-based nonprofits. S/he will be experienced in leading and empowering senior leadership teams, leading fundraising efforts, engaging donors, community leaders and partners, strategically managing financial and human resources, and managing operational priorities. In addition to inspiring trust and demonstrating a passion for NRC’s mission, the desired candidate will possess:
• Undergraduate degree in non-profit management, social work, community development, public administration or related discipline, or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree or relevant certifications a plus
• Minimum of 7 years of management experience, preferably including senior management positions in community-based nonprofit organizations
SALARY: Based on experience and capabilities but a minimum of $65,000
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director will lead NRC in pursuing its Mission by achieving the strategic goals set forth in its Strategic Plan. The ED reports directly to the Board of Directors through the Board President. Direct reports include: Out of School Time Program Director; NRC Works/Financial Opportunity Center Program Director; Garden and Nutrition Program Coordinator; and Food Program Director.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Strategic Management – Take responsibility for NRC’s long-term success; implement NRC’s Strategic Plan by establishing annual priorities and reporting measurable outcomes to the Board; and convey NRC’s vision and strategic priorities to NRC’s donors, partners and residents of the Fulton community;
• Fund Development & Marketing – Create an annual fund development plan with targets for specific fundraising categories designed to meet or exceed the organization’s budgeted revenues; actively engage donors to achieve NRC’s annual fundraising goals; cultivate relationships with current and potential individual donors; serve as the “voice” and “face” of NRC utilizing professional colleagues and volunteers to execute a strategic communications plan to inform and engage key audiences;
• Organizational & Program Leadership – Promote teamwork while empowering NRC’s senior leaders to conduct daily operations; direct the delivery of each of NRC’s primary programs – (1) Out of School Time; (2) NRC Works/Financial Opportunity Center; and (3) Food and Nutrition and (4) Garden; and ensure that each program serves the community as intended and effectively uses assessment tools to report measurable outcomes;
• Fiscal Management – Ensure the financial stability of NRC by serving as the day-to-day manager of all financial operations, including cash flow projections, oversight of payroll and management of bank accounts; with the Treasurer and Finance Committee, prepare a balanced annual budget and report actual monthly revenues and expenditures; and, working with outside accountants, prepare documentation for production of 990s and an annual audit, review or compilation;
• Community Engagement – Serve to maintain NRC as an important force for good in the Fulton community; maintain strategic partnerships with community leaders, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions and centers of influence; and communicate regularly with residents, civic associations and other community stakeholders; and
• Board Relations – Facilitate effective governance by reporting at regularly scheduled meetings of the Board and standing committee meetings; coordinate an annual Board retreat to review implementation of priority initiatives and update the Strategic Plan; and assist in the recruitment and orientation of new Board members.
• Mission and Culture – Passion for NRC’s mission and embrace of the programs NRC offers the community
• Effective Communicator & Fundraiser – Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations capable of providing financial support; outstanding communicator articulate the case for support; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to diverse audiences; capable public speaker
• Discernment and Influence – Experience in strategically managing operational priorities; skilled in analytically assessing situations and influencing the outcomes; a history of serving the community first, placing personal and organizational needs second
• Community Building – Ability to engage diverse organizations and residents in cross-cultural dialogue to promote understanding and trust and to gain a common understanding of how best to meet the needs of those living in the community
• Leadership – Experience in working with governing boards; demonstrated ability to encourage and develop leaders and staff; hands-on experience in attracting, hiring and developing talented staff; demonstrated ability to develop and manage operating budgets
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send letter of interest and resume to edsearchNRC@gmail.com.